Barbecue site on Sass Queder
High up on Sass Queder, at 3,066 metres above sea level, a new attraction is awaiting hikers, families and mountain climbers – Europe’s highest-lying barbecue site. The location alone, with its magnificent Alpine panorama, guarantees an unforgettable experience for old and young alike.
Even those who are suddenly overcome with the urge to make use of these fantastic facilities can do so; everything that is needed can be purchased at the Berghaus Diavolezza – from spare ribs and entrecote, to chicken breasts and sausages. A selection of fruit, salad and sweet desserts round off the BBQ fun. There are even special “firewood packs” on sale, which, besides firewood, also contain matches, newspaper and firelighters.
Remarks about Europe’s highest-lying barbecue site
- The walk from the Diavolezza top station to Sass Queder takes around 30 minutes.
- The almost 100 metre difference in altitude is guaranteed to give you a healthy appetite
- The relatively easy mountain hiking trail is also suitable for smaller children.
- Use of the barbecue site is free.
- Can be used from around mid-June (depending on the weather)
Information & Reservation
Engadin St. Moritz Mountains AG
T +41 81 839 39 00