Sunrise Piz Nair (3,056m)
The sunrise in the Engadin is exceptionally beautiful. The special offer, Piz Nair Sunrise, provides an opportunity to witness this amazing spectacle at over 3,000 metres above sea level. The mountain railways transport participants to the top of the Piz Nair outside the official operating times before dawn. They can then experience the sun as it rises up above the horizon while tucking into a substential breakfast from the buffet in the summit restaurant.
A spectacle for one and all
Immediately after sunrise, mountain bikers head off at an unusually early hour to embark on the single trails around St. Moritz and thus get the absolute maximum out of the day. They fortify themselves with a substantial breakfast during the sunrise, so that they have plenty of stamina to negotiate the first descent.
For once, hikers can start off their tour at over 3,000 metres above sea level, with the morning sun still low in the sky. But before they do so, they can admire the magnificent sunrise while helping themselves to the delicious breakfast buffet. That is an experience that even many of the SAC mountain huts would find hard to beat.
You don't need to be a sports fanatic to enjoy the sunrise on the Piz Nair. The cable car takes you up to the peak early in the morning. While hikers and mountain bikers start making tracks, romantics can sit back and delight in the morning sun, and later take the cable car back down to the valley.
The event can be cancelled at short notice due to bad weather. Registration fees that have already been paid will be refunded or deferred to another date. The decision as to whether an event will take place or not is made on the Tuesday prior to the scheduled date.
- The price for the Piz Nair Sunrise offer is all-inclusive. No discounts are offered for, for example, holders of season tickets.
- Guests who have registered but do not show up (in time) on the morning of the event are still liable for the full amount payable. Cancellations are accepted until the Tuesday prior to the scheduled date.
- The number of participants is limited; it is therefore recommended that you book as early as possible.
- Day-pass for the mountain railways and cableways on Corviglia incl. mountain bike transport.
- Breakfast buffet in the Restaurant Piz Nair (3056m).
- Price: 95.00 CHF/person.
|31st July||Start in St. Moritz Dorf|
|28th August||Start in St. Moritz Dorf|
|25th September||Start in St. Moritz Dorf|
Registration: www.sunrise-piznair.ch or in the sports shop „Suvretta Sport” (St. Moritz Bad)
Information about the Piz Nair Sunrise:
Swiss Sports Publishing GmbH
Talstrasse 42 D
CH-7270 Davos Platz
T +41 81 413 43 43
Local contact Piz Nair Sunrise:
Via Mezdi 17 (Sportzentrum Ovaverva)
CH-7500 St. Moritz
T +41 81 833 62 33